Quote of da day

About Me

My photo
I am alive!!! I try to not let the craziness get to me, but sometimes I fail.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Life, continued

As I was saying before being interrupted, I like my life here and how its going. Sometimes I wonder where I would be had I chosen to go back to the states oh so many years ago, but at the time I didn't have much choice, plus, my head wasn't in a place I could do such a thing. Now, I am glad I did not go. I am thankful for my life, my wife, our life together, my belief in God and all his blessings, the peace my faith has brought to my life, no longer a slave to drugs or alcohol, though I do have a "gym problem" according to my wife. It took me quite some time to get to this point, and I am happy and at peace with the world. I wish all of you reading these words a blessed holiday season and, whatever your own beliefs are, your lives are enriched and the new years brings you happiness. PEACE!!!

3 comments:

Erin Downs said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog.

You picked the best time to come to the US and be nauseated: during the holiday onslaught. That's when you're bombarded millionfold by all the commercial crap and smelly essence of America's need to capitalize on EVERYTHING.

I am glad you're happy in Germany. My aunt has done the same thing. She is a kindergarten teacher in Frankfurt.

webberpa said...

Yes, we were totally lost and overwhelmed by all the THINGS!! And for only $19.95!! We were in Michigan, near Detroit, and people there all seemed so depressed, it has been hit hard. It seems like they dropped a crap bomb and everyone wants to move. If I were smart, and could convince my wife I would buy a house there now, prices have been cut! But, no deal, so we will just have to stay here! Hows you mom, or is she your stepmom? I hope things get better for you soon. Happy Holidays!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

You're absolutely right that the spirit of Christmas is not meant for one day only! Am so glad to hear that you're doing well, and are at a good place, both spiritually and mentally. All we can is the best we can do and enjoy the moment! Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy and Healthy New Year, Webber!